2. Foreign Students Regulation of SWUN
In order to reinforce the management of foreign studentsand improve the level of management and service quality of foreign students,SWUN establishes Foreign Students Regulation. The regulation begins to put inpractice from the date that is established.
Obey the laws, policies and regulations of theChinese government; accept the arrangements of the University. Do not engage inillegal religious activities, doing missionary work is not allowed.
Observe all the regulations of Southwest University for Nationalities. Respect the faculty and staff.
Respect people’s customs and habits of all nations.
Respect your fellow students, cultivate theirfriendship, and help each other.
Don’t be late for class. You should ask for leaveif you cannot attend class.
Keep clean and pay attention to hygiene. No smokingin the classrooms.
Study hard to complete required courses.Participate in all kinds of activities organized by the University.
Please do not make noise in the classrooms,cafeteria, or any other public areas.
Please be careful with your electrical appliances.Turn off air conditioners, fans and heaters when you go out. Be careful whenusing gas to avoid fires.
The last week of each semester is exam time. Thefinal performance is made up of class attendance (30%) and exam results (70%).Participating in activities organized by the University is also consideredclass attendance.Students who have finished thecourses required by the teaching plan and have taken part in and passed theexams will be granted with a certificate of completion.
1. The university will apply for, or extendan X-visa for students for one semester at one time. In principle, studentsshould pay all the tuition fees when applying or extending their X-visa.If you stop studying at any time during thesemester, we cannot refund your tuition.
If a student wishes, he or she may apply for a oneyear's X-visa by registering and paying for one year’s tuition in advance.
After students get their new visa, a copy of thepicture page and new visa page should be submitted to the Foreign StudentsOffice.
Students with x-visa from our university shouldcome toForeign Students Officeto register before the registration deadline.（The first week of March and September）
Students who fail to register before the deadlineshall inform the Foreign Students Office in advance. The leave allowed shallnot exceed two weeks.
Students who fail to register before theregistration deadline or within the expiration date of the leave will beregarded as giving up students' status. The university will report the namelist of the students to Administration Division of Exit and Entry of ChengduPublic Security Bureau and their student visas will be cancelled.
Ⅳ.Asking for Leave
Students have to attend the class according to theuniversity calendar and enjoy all China's holidays.
Students have to participate in all teaching eventsprescribed by the teaching plan. Students who fail to participate in anyteaching events should ask for leave in advance. Students who ask for leave forover two days should come to Foreign Students Office to register and fill inForeignStudents in Southwest University for Nationalities Asking for Leaveand youcan't leave the university until you get the authorization from ForeignStudents Office. Otherwise, the student will bear the fullresponsibilities for the consequences by herself/himself.
Students who are absent from class for no reasonwill be given punishment according to the stipulated regulation of theuniversity. Students who are severely absent from class (to be absent withoutreasonable excuse for more than 4 classes per Semester) indicates the student’swillingness to withdraw from our University.
1. Students wishing to end their studies andreturn home must come to the Foreign Students Office to inform us of your leaveand to discontinue your studies here.
2. If students won't continue to study in ouruniversity after one semester, the university won't apply to extend visa forthem.
VI.ON Part-Time Work to AidOnes' Study
1. Those students who come to China with X or F visa should not be employed in China without permission of the competentauthorities of the Chinese government.
2. But in some certain cases, if someoneapplies for it toForeign Students Officeand an agreement has been made with employer, and permitting paperis issued, and then you may take that job. Anyway, try to avoid any influenceto your study program.
3. To work in the nightclub are not allowed.
Ⅶ. Off-Campus Housing
According to some competent authority’sregulations, foreign students can live off-campus. But foreign students shouldfinish application procedure according to the corresponding regulations.
Those students who desire off-campus housing shouldgo to the local police Station to finish application procedure and offer thefollowing documents:
(1) To make a contract with the landlord and obtainThe Security Responsibilities Agreementbetween the landlord and thelocal police station.
(2) To fill theTemporary Residence RegistrationForm for Alien'sat local police station.
To finish above paper work, foreign students canapply RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR FOREIGNERS and change your old address at Alien'sExit and Entry Administration Office of the Chengdu Municipal Public SecurityBureau.
Students who live off-campus shall submit a copy ofTemporary Residence Registration Formfor Alien'sto the Foreign StudentsOffice.
Southwest university For Nationalities
Division ofInternational Exchange and Cooperation